The original Trinity Church building stood where St. Mark’s Church, Sussex Corner, now stands. It was decided to build a new church closer to the railroad beside the newly constructed rectory. and thus construction of this Gothic Revival church began in 1873 and the present Trinity Church was consecrated on February 24, 1874.
St. John’s Church, Highfield was built in 1912, replacing a church that burned. It was consecrated in 1928. This is the third church on the site. Formerly, it was part of a three point parish including the long gone St. Paul’s Church, Goshen and St. Barnabas’, Caanan Rapids. In 2011, St. John’s Church became a part of the Parish of Sussex.
We thank God for the ministry that has taken place in this Parish over the past 223 years.
This is the answer to the question. Give enough detail to adequately answer the question, but consider using multiple questions so that each answer is concise.